Tracing the Footsteps of God
Discovering What You Really Believe
- This item is not returnable
- Ships in 2 or more weeks
- For bulk discounting, please call Sales and Service at 877-373-0706 and ask about our Corporate Sales Program.
For C. S. Song, theology begins with the conviction that God is somehow at work in our lives and our world, often in ways we hardly perceive. Interrogating our own experience in the light of the gospel is, for him, the heart of theology. In this volume he helps readers pose ten of the most anguishing, nettling, perplexing issues of faith, some that arise perennially and others newly sharpened by a postmodern age rife with questions. The questions are:
- Beginning and End?
- Did Jesus Rise from the Dead?
- Is There Life after Death?
- Healed or Saved?
- Do All Roads Lead to Rome?
- With What Can God's Reign Be Compared?
- Why Church?
- Is Mission Viable?
- Are You "Spiritual"?
- What Do You Say God Is?
Song provides a process for readers to ask themselves: What do I believe? As he says, "What you will find here is a process leading from our daily experiences to our awareness of God in the world internal and external to us.... Stories of our life turn out to be stories of God." Includes stories and illustrations from around the world.